Herbed Garlic Toast Recipe
My wife and I grow over 300 different herbs and sell plants and fresh and dried herbs. Herbs sure make meals more interesting. We use them generously in a variety of recipes...like this.—Bruce Shomler, Pasorobles, California
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1/2 pound) French bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cut bread into 12 slices; place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately top each slice with 2 teaspoonfuls of herb mixture. Serve hot. Yield: about 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 177 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Garlic Toast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC