Herbed Garlic Potatoes Recipe
Meet the Cook: My mom cooks from scratch and rarely uses a recipe. That's how I learned - a pinch of this, a dash of that. But it was actually my dad who invented the basis for this recipe. The potatoes fit any kind of meal - fancy or burgers - and everyone asks me for the recipe. My husband and I have a son, 3. -Sherry DesJardin, Fairbanks, Alaska
- 15 small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut in half
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the parsley, chives, tarragon and garlic; cook and stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the potatoes, bacon, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 145 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Garlic Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC