Herbed Garlic Potatoes
Meet the Cook: My mom cooks from scratch and rarely uses a recipe. That's how I learned - a pinch of this, a dash of that. But it was actually my dad who invented the basis for this recipe. The potatoes fit any kind of meal - fancy or burgers - and everyone asks me for the recipe.
My husband and I have a son, 3.
-Sherry DesJardin, Fairbanks, Alaska
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 15 small red potatoes (about 2 pounds), cut in half
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the parsley, chives, tarragon
- and garlic; cook and stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the
- potatoes, bacon, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Cook until heated
- through, about 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 145 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.