Herbed Garlic Dipping Oil
Talk about versatility! This herb-infused oil has many uses. Spread over halved French bread and broil until toasted, toss with hot pasta, or simply use as a full-flavored dipping oil. —Dawn Embry-Rodriguez, Florence, Colorado
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 16 to 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Italian bread, cubed
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process
- until desired consistency. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in
- vinegar. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons oil(calculated without bread) equals 223 calories, 24 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.