Herbed Garlic Cheese Dip Recipe
- 20 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1-2/3 cups crumbled farmer cheese (about 14 ounces)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. Place garlic in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until softened. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel garlic. Place in a food processor.
- 2. Add the farmer cheese, basil, cream cheese, oil, onions, parsley, water, rosemary and cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; chill until serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without vegetables) equals 60 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.