Served with chilled beverages and bite-size vegetables, my garden-fresh dip makes a simple yet surprisingly elegant beginning to any meal.—Josephine D. Piro, Easton, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 31 Dips You Can Snack on All Week
- 20 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1-2/3 cups crumbled farmer cheese (about 14 ounces)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Place garlic in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until softened. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel garlic. Place in a food processor.
- Add the farmer cheese, basil, cream cheese, oil, onions, parsley, water, rosemary and cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; chill until serving. Serve with vegetables.
- Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Herbed Garlic Cheese Dip in Country Woman December/January 2011 , p45
Reviews for Herbed Garlic Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review