Herbed Garlic Bread
I use either French or Vienna bread for this recipe. The Parmesan cheese complements the garlic nicely.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Slice bread, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at
- the bottom. In a small bowl, cream butter. Add the Parmesan cheese,
- parsley, garlic, oregano and garlic salt; mix well. Spread between
- slices. Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in.
- x 18 in.). Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 212 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 411 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now