- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Slice bread, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. In a small bowl, cream butter. Add the Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, oregano and garlic salt; mix well. Spread between slices. Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Herbed Garlic Bread
Sort By :
"It was OK. I think either the bread was too thick or I needed more butter. The bread below the surface was dry."
"I left out the fresh parsley, but it was still very good."
"Very easy to fix and a great flavor! A whole lot cheaper than buying from the store too! Plus it tastes so much better! I make this probably every 2-3 weeks in my house."
"Excellent! Didn't use Garlic Cloves - used dried garlic and the dried garlic salt and adjusted to our family taste buds. Also put excess butter mix on top to let is further soak into the break. Big hit at the dinner party and weill make again."