I use either French or Vienna bread for this recipe. The Parmesan cheese complements the garlic nicely.
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Slice bread, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. In a small bowl, cream butter. Add the Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, oregano and garlic salt; mix well. Spread between slices. Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Garlic Bread in Country August/September 2003, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Herbed Garlic Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review