This recipe is a fresh-tasting side dish. The sweet red pepper gives it crunch, spark and a festive appearance.—Margery Bryan, Moses Lake, Washington
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Mixed salad greens
- Sliced cucumber and sweet red pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In a large salad bowl, combine greens, cucumber and red pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: about 1-1/3 cups dressing.
Originally published as Herbed Tossed Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p9
Reviews for Herbed Fresh Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review