Herbed Fresh Green Beans
These beans take just moments to prepare in the microwave, making them perfect after a busy day, when you're low on energy and time. -Lucinda Walker of Somerset, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place green beans in a microwave-safe dish. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; pour over beans and toss to coat. Cover and microwave
- on high for 6-8 minutes or until beans are tender. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.