Herbed Fresh Green Beans Recipe
These beans take just moments to prepare in the microwave, making them perfect after a busy day, when you're low on energy and time. -Lucinda Walker of Somerset, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place green beans in a microwave-safe dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over beans and toss to coat. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until beans are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC