- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic and seasonings in oil until tender. Add the asparagus, red peppers and walnuts; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Herbed Fresh Asparagus
"Excellent and I don't like asparagus."
"I never dress my veggies, this recipe made me realize that I need to! quick and simple, and delicious! A definate keeper."
"This is a very tasty way to prepare asparagus... and I am not an asparagus fan at all. I just made this because my husband likes asparagus and I was pleasantly surprised by how the herbs, red peppers and walnuts accentuated the mild-flavored asparagus. I will definitely add this to my list of "keepers"!"
"Thanks for another great way to dress up asparagus - one of my husband's favorite vegetables. We will definately have this again!"
"I have made this twice in one week, absolutely fantastic also with green beans. I have used different spices when unable to get to store and it is always good."