Herbed French Fries Recipe
This recipe, combining fresh herbs and other seasonings, is very flavorful—a healthy, easy and quick way to make french fries without frying in deep fat.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash chili powder
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender, turning once. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC