Herbed French Bread Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter and oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, chives and mustard. Cool for 5 minutes or until creamy.
- 2. Spread on one side of each slice of bread. Place with buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or broil 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 224 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.