Herbed French Bread Recipe
It's made of a tasty mix of ingredients from several recipes my daughter and I combined. Plus, it's easy to prepare.—Karen Paumen, Buffalo, Minnesota
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter and oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, chives and mustard. Cool for 5 minutes or until creamy.
- 2. Spread on one side of each slice of bread. Place with buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or broil 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 slice: 224 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Herbed French Bread
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2012
"The best bread ever!!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC