Herbed French Bread
It's made of a tasty mix of ingredients from several recipes my daughter and I combined. Plus, it's easy to prepare.—Karen Paumen, Buffalo, Minnesota
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter and oil until tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, chives and mustard. Cool
- for 5 minutes or until creamy.
- Spread on one side of each slice of bread. Place with buttered side
- up on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or broil 2-3 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 224 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now