Herbed French Bread
I uses dried homegrown herbs to season this butter bread.Sherry Horton, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 loaf (1/2 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a bowl, combine butter and seasonings. Spread on cut sides of each
- slice of bread. Reassemble the loaf; wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake
- at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 239 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 385 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.