- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter and oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, chives and mustard. Cool for 5 minutes or until creamy.
- Spread on one side of each slice of bread. Place with buttered side up on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or broil 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed French Bread in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Herbed French Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2012
"The best bread ever!!!"