A handful of ingredients is all you'll need to turn frozen bread dough into this full-favored favorite. Plus, you can add shredded cheese or adjust the herbs to suit your taste.Susan Lasken, Woodland Hills, California
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Place dough in a bowl. Combine the basil, oregano and sage; sprinkle
- 4-1/2 teaspoons over dough. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; knead
- into dough. Let rest for 10 minutes. Press onto a greased 12-in.
- pizza pan. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. With a wooden spoon handle, make
- indentation at 1-in. intervals. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Brush with remaining herb mixture. Bake 5 minutes longer or until
- golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.