Herbed Focaccia Recipe
A handful of ingredients is all you'll need to turn frozen bread dough into this full-favored favorite. Plus, you can add shredded cheese or adjust the herbs to suit your taste.—Susan Lasken, Woodland Hills, California
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1. Place dough in a bowl. Combine the basil, oregano and sage; sprinkle 4-1/2 teaspoons over dough. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; knead into dough. Let rest for 10 minutes. Press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- 2. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. With a wooden spoon handle, make indentation at 1-in. intervals. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Brush with remaining herb mixture. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 253 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 421mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Herbed Focaccia
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2010
"Very easy to make and very flavorful...a keeper"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC