A handful of ingredients is all you'll need to turn frozen bread dough into this full-favored favorite. Plus, you can add shredded cheese or adjust the herbs to suit your taste.—Susan Lasken, Woodland Hills, California
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Place dough in a bowl. Combine the basil, oregano and sage; sprinkle 4-1/2 teaspoons over dough. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; knead into dough. Let rest for 10 minutes. Press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. With a wooden spoon handle, make indentation at 1-in. intervals. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Brush with remaining herb mixture. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Focaccia in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p7
Reviews for Herbed Focaccia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2010
"Very easy to make and very flavorful...a keeper"