Herbed Flatbread Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- Sea salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, herbs, baking powder and salt. Stir in water and 1/3 cup oil until mixture forms a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1 minute.
- 2. Divide dough into thirds; shape into balls. Roll each ball into a 10-in. circle on parchment paper. Lightly brush each with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt. Slide parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough. Break into pieces for serving. Yield: 3 flatbreads.
Reviews for Herbed Flatbread
"I just made this recipe to see if I would like to take it to our Memorial Day bbq and it's so easy & good. I picked a basil leaf, a few lemon thyme leaves and some chives from the garden and snipped them as small as I could. I didn't have a sheet large enough to make the bread as flat as it needed to be, so I baked in batches. On the last batch, when it was done, I topped it with thinly sliced tomatoes and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, then broiled on low for 3 minutes. Amazing."
"This was great! I was worries by the picture that it would be too floury and dry, but it was fin. I did make it slightly differently. I put it in fourths and didn't press it as thin, but it was great! I cut in strips and we diiped it in our soup. Pretty yummy :)"
"I thought this recipe would end up being more like the traditional flatbread or Naan bread but its more like a softer cracker consistency. It wasn't what I planned but I was still satisfied with the results so I am made a ton to eat instead of chips and crackers. Very yummy and you can change the herbs to get different tastes."