Instead of serve the traditional dinner roll, try this delicious flat bread. It is very easy to make and is so flavorful. It goes especially well with homemade soups or salads.—Taste of Home Cooking School, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- Sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, herbs, baking powder and salt. Stir in water and 1/3 cup oil until mixture forms a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1 minute.
- Divide dough into thirds; shape into balls. Roll each ball into a 10-in. circle on parchment paper. Lightly brush each with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt. Slide parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough. Break into pieces for serving. Yield: 3 flatbreads.
Originally published as Herbed Flatbread in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p31
Reviews for Herbed Flatbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review