Herbed Fennel and Onion Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium fennel bulb, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and fennel in oil until crisp-tender. Add the broth, sage and rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook until broth is evaporated.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the vinegar, salt and pepper. Yield: 3 servings.
1/2 cup: 109 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Herbed Fennel and Onion
"Wouldn't bother making this again. There are better recipes to use fresh fennel."
"I used fresh rosemary and it tasted great. My husband and I loved it!!"
"I liked this, but I will cut the fennel into less than 1/2 inch slices next time. My husband commented that he liked it and that it was something different."