Herbed Fennel and Onion Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium fennel bulb, halved and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and fennel in oil until crisp-tender. Add the broth, sage and rosemary. Bring to a boil; cook until broth is evaporated.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the vinegar, salt and pepper. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Herbed Fennel and Onion(3)
Sort By :
Wouldn't bother making this again. There are better recipes to use fresh fennel.
I used fresh rosemary and it tasted great. My husband and I loved it!!
I liked this, but I will cut the fennel into less than 1/2 inch slices next time. My husband commented that he liked it and that it was something different.