- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Additional butter, melted
- Coarse salt, optional
- In a bread machine pan, place the water, butter, egg, sugar, salt, seasonings, flour and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting(check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 16 portions; shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter and sprinkle with coarse salt if desired. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 rolls.
Reviews for Herbed Dinner Rolls
Sort By :
"Simple to make and good to eat."
"I made a batch for Christmas dinner yesterday and everyone loved them. I just finished another batch to go with today's leftover Turkey Tetrazzini!"
"These were great! I only used 1/4t. of each herb as I thought it would be too much. The herbs increase in taste each day - if you have any left! Very light and airy."
"Wonderful addition to our Thanksgiving dinner! Delicious!"