Herbed Dinner Rolls Recipe
After I had my sixth child, a friend dropped off dinner, including these rolls, which start in a bread machine. They were so delicious that I quickly bought my own machine so I could make them myself. —Dana Lowry, Hickory, North Carolina
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Additional butter, melted
- Coarse salt, optional
- 1. In a bread machine pan, place the water, butter, egg, sugar, salt, seasonings, flour and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting(check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 16 portions; shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter and sprinkle with coarse salt if desired. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 rolls.
1 serving (1 each) equals 112 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC