Herbed Dinner Rolls Recipe
To dress up everyday Dinner Rolls (recipe at right), our Test Kitchen brushes herbed butter over the dough, then forms accordion rolls. The aroma while baking is incredible!
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 egg white, beaten
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water with 1 teaspoon sugar. Add milk, melted butter, eggs, salt, 3 cups flour and remaining sugar; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; place on a lightly floured surface. Divide into four portions. Roll each portion into a 14x6-in. rectangle. Combine softened butter and Italian seasoning; spread over dough.
- Score each rectangle widthwise at 2-in. intervals. Using marks as a guide, fold dough accordion-style back and forth along score lines. Cut folded dough into six 1-in. pieces. Place pieces cut side down in greased muffin cups. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Uncover and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before baking. Brush with egg white. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Herbed Dinner Rolls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p55
Reviews for Herbed Dinner Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Rolls >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >