Herbed Dinner Roll Muffins Recipe
Why settle for refrigerated rolls when it’s so easy to make your own? These cheese-topped bites baked in muffin cups are best served warm. —Harrison Carpenter, Longmont, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, herbs de Provence, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 rolls.
1 roll equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC