Herbed Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
I think white sauce is the best for cream soup. One day I added complementary herbs to plain potato soup. Yum! Now we always have our potato soup "herbed".
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. Place potatoes and cold water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley, thyme, rosemary and garlic salt. Stir in potatoes and bouillon mixture; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 403 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,198 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC