Herbed Cream of Potato Soup Recipe
I think white sauce is the best for cream soup. One day I added complementary herbs to plain potato soup. Yum! Now we always have our potato soup "herbed".
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place potatoes and cold water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain and set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water; set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley, thyme, rosemary and garlic salt. Stir in potatoes and bouillon mixture; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Cream of Potato Soup in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p75
Reviews for Herbed Cream of Potato Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review