These juicy chicken breasts have very little salt, yet they are well seasoned and full of flavor. The chunky cranberry sauce and toasted pecans make the quick weeknight entree special. -Margee Berry of White Salmon, Washington
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Rub chicken with seasoning blend. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onions in remaining oil. Stir in the cranberries, broth, cranberry juice, syrup and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return chicken to the pan; cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Cranberry Chicken in Light & Tasty October 2005, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Cranberry Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review