Herbed Cottage Cheese Recipe
"When I switched from regular to low-fat cottage cheese, I was disappointed with the taste, says Traci Hirstein of Western Springs, Illinois. "So I pulled out this recipe my mother gave me years ago. With this jazzed-up version of light cottage cheese, I don't miss the fat at all. Serve it with canned tuna and a few crackers for a great light lunch.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 83 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Herbed Cottage Cheese
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC