"When I switched from regular to low-fat cottage cheese, I was disappointed with the taste, says Traci Hirstein of Western Springs, Illinois. "So I pulled out this recipe my mother gave me years ago. With this jazzed-up version of light cottage cheese, I don't miss the fat at all. Serve it with canned tuna and a few crackers for a great light lunch.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Cottage Cheese in Light & Tasty June/July 2002 , p21