Herbed Cornmeal Crab Cakes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- CRAB CAKES:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tartar sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, chives, parsley, thyme, mayonnaise, tartar sauce, mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and celery salt. Fold in crab. Shape into four patties; coat with cornmeal mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook crab cakes in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
2 crab cakes: 446 calories, 26g fat (3g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 975mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Cornmeal Crab Cakes
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.