- 6 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt, divided
- 1-1/8 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the hens on a wire rack in a large roasting pan. In a bowl, combine lemon juice, butter, paprika and 1 teaspoon each of thyme, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Pour half over the hens; set the remaining mixture aside for basting. Combine salt, pepper and remaining thyme, seasoned salt and garlic powder; sprinkle over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Baste with reserved lemon juice mixture. Bake 30 minutes longer, basting occasionally, or until the meat is tender and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Cornish Hens
"chicken was very tender moist. Didn't have a great deal of flavor over that."
"I use this on chicken too."
"This was my and my husband's first experience with cornish hens, and they were fabulous! The herbs were absolutely wonderful, and the lemon juice was a fabulous background taste. Definitely a keeper!"
"Simple, and a very tasty basting sauce!"