Herbed Citrus Chicken
This recipe is to die for! Even folks who don't care for chicken always ask for seconds.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredient; mix well. Pour 3
- tablespoons marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Cover and
- refrigerate remaining marinade; add chicken to the bag. Seal bag and
- turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or
- broil 6 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices
- run clear; basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: One 1-1/4 cup serving equals 191 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat.