This recipe is to die for! Even folks who don't care for chicken always ask for seconds.
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredient; mix well. Pour 3 tablespoons marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade; add chicken to the bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 6 in. from heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear; basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Citrus Chicken in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p165
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Citrus Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2011
"A little tart and very herby. I broiled it and it turned out ok, but grilling it would certainly increase the wow factor."