Herbed Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 pound dry linguine, cooked and drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Saute onion, peppers and mushrooms until tender. Add broth and vinegar; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 minutes. Add chicken, basil and sage. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes more or until chicken is done and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 663 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1280mg sodium, 102g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 7g fiber), 45g protein .
Reviews for Herbed Chicken
"While this recipe was okay, there are so many other recipes to make that are far better. I didn't dislike it, but it just lacked something to make it a meal I'd make again."
"This is one of my all-time favorite dishes. A nice twist on a classic spaghetti sauce with chicken and veg. I usually up the garlic and amount of veg for us, as that's our taste. It's excellent as is tho too!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.