Herbed Chicken Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 pound dry linguine, cooked and drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Saute onion, peppers and mushrooms until tender. Add broth and vinegar; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 minutes. Add chicken, basil and sage. Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes more or until chicken is done and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 663 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,280 mg sodium, 102 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.