“My family is always very busy. With three kids involved in many different after-school and evening activities, it’s nice to come home to a meal that’s already prepared and ready to eat!” Becky Gifford - Conway, AR
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place rice in a 5-qt. slow cooker; set aside seasoning packet. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil and butter. Add to slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender; place over chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, water, bacon, herbs and contents of seasoning packet. Pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Chicken with Wild Rice in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken with Wild Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review