Herbed Chicken with Wild Rice Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place rice in a 5-qt. slow cooker; set aside seasoning packet. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil and butter. Add to slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender; place over chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, water, bacon, herbs and contents of seasoning packet. Pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken with Wild Rice
Sort By :
This recipe was amazing! Next time I will just add a little more liquid. It did cook up in less time for me tho.
We liked this alot. The rice wasn't mushy after 5 hours. Maybe the others have the old style slow cookers that cook too hot. I did have to add more liquid in the form of chicken broth, but that was the only change I made.
I would give this 5 stars but once again they are "missing". Very good, didn't find it too salty at all and I never salt anything other than popcorn and french fries. Chicken was moist and rice was done. Excellent flavor.
Way too salty! And I like salt, but i couldn't even eat it.
This was very good. I used 2 boxes of rice mix. Next time I will add a little more water or broth for the extra rice. Everyone loved it. Will definitely make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >