Herbed Chicken with Wild Rice
“My family is always very busy. With three kids involved in many different after-school and evening activities, it’s nice to come home to a meal that’s already prepared and ready to eat!” Becky Gifford - Conway, AR
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place rice in a 5-qt. slow cooker; set aside seasoning packet. In a
- large skillet, brown chicken in oil and butter. Add to slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender; place over
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, water, bacon, herbs and contents
- of seasoning packet. Pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 4-5
- hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2/3 cup rice mixture equals 351 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 890 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.