Herbed Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2-3/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared herb butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups broth to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, yellow squash, zucchini, onion in herb butter for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Stir in the lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 387 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 905mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken Stir-Fry
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.