Herbed Chicken Quarters
We often grill chicken in the summer, and this herbed version is a big hit with our family. We own a cheese and specialty food store called The Boulevard Market in nearby Tecumseh. I frequently host cooking classes at the store and have featured this chicken. Students are sent home with this recipe and always say their families enjoyed it!
-Erika Aylward, Clinton, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 1 hour
- 4 medium lemons, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), quartered
- Gently squeeze juice from lemons into a large resealable plastic bag;
- leave lemon wedges in the bag. Add the oil, garlic, basil, thyme,
- salt and cayenne; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning frequently.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat,
- turning every 15 minutes, for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.