Herbed Chicken Quarters Recipe
We often grill chicken in the summer, and this herbed version is a big hit with our family. We own a cheese and specialty food store called The Boulevard Market in nearby Tecumseh. I frequently host cooking classes at the store and have featured this chicken. Students are sent home with this recipe and always say their families enjoyed it! -Erika Aylward, Clinton, Michigan
- 4 medium lemons, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), quartered
- Gently squeeze juice from lemons into a large resealable plastic bag; leave lemon wedges in the bag. Add the oil, garlic, basil, thyme, salt and cayenne; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning frequently.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat, turning every 15 minutes, for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Chicken Quarters in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken Quarters(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >