Herbed Chicken Omelet Recipe
Tender chunks of leftover chicken provide a nice change of pace from the usual ham in the omelet Sonja Blow makes in Groveland, California. "Served with toast and tomato slices, it's a special breakfast for two," she notes.
- 4 eggs
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, onion, parsley, salt, tarragon and pepper.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter; add egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Sprinkle with chicken and celery seed. When the eggs are set, remove from the heat; fold omelet in half. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 each: 273 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 471mg cholesterol, 513mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Herbed Chicken Omelet
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC