Herbed Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 envelope savory herb and garlic soup mix, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine or pasta of your choice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Combine seasoning blend and poultry seasoning; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil and 2 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add the water, teriyaki sauce, onion soup mix and 2 tablespoons herb and garlic soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain; add to chicken mixture. Stir in the cheese, Worcestershire sauce, remaining butter, and remaining herb and garlic soup mix; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 536 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,424 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.