Herbed Chicken Coating Mix Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons each salt, dried oregano, dried parsley flakes, paprika and curry powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS(for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour and seasonings. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- 2. Yield: 2 batches (2-1/2 cups total).
- 3. To prepare chicken: Place 1-1/4 cups coating mix in a large resealable plastic bag. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and butter. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- 4. Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 346 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 964 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken Coating Mix
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.