- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons each salt, dried oregano, dried parsley flakes, paprika and curry powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS(for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and seasonings. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- Yield: 2 batches (2-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare chicken: Place 1-1/4 cups coating mix in a large resealable plastic bag. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and butter. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Chicken Coating Mix in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p47
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Herbed Chicken Coating Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review