Herbed Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1/2 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- Creamy Caesar salad dressing
- Caesar salad croutons, optional
- 1. Brush chicken with oil. Combine the basil, oregano, garlic salt if desired, pepper and paprika; sprinkle over chicken. Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning several times.
- 2. Arrange romaine and tomato on plates. Cut chicken into strips; arrange over salads. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with croutons if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (prepared without garlic salt and croutons and with 2 tablespoons fat-free salad dressing) equals 219 calories, 467 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 29 gm protein, 8 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.