Herbed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon each oil and butter for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add lemon juice and mustard to the skillet; whisk until smooth. Whisk in broth, herbs, garlic, salt, and remaining oil and butter; simmer for 1 minute. Spoon over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 158 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.