- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon each oil and butter for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and mustard to the skillet; whisk until smooth. Whisk in broth, herbs, garlic, salt, and remaining oil and butter; simmer for 1 minute. Spoon over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken Breasts
"This is an amazingly simple but fresh, light dish. So tasty and serves with a beautiful presentation. My 16 year old son said this recipe is a keeper! Great as a family meal or to serve for guests. I highly recommend this and think anyone and everyone should give it a try!"
"This recipe is fantastic! I would double the sauce and include a little of the sauce over pasta (we had butternut squash stuffed ravioli with it) I cut the mustard down almost in half"