Herbed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon each oil and butter for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and mustard to the skillet; whisk until smooth. Whisk in broth, herbs, garlic, salt, and remaining oil and butter; simmer for 1 minute. Spoon over chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken Breasts(3)
Sort By :
I served this for 65 teenage boys and their leaders, I browned the chicken first and then put it into pans to bake for the final time. It was a huge hit, there was absolutely no leftovers. I used fresh herbs from my garden and the taste was unbeatable, thanks for the great recipe!
Excellent recipe. Make enough for leftovers and try the leftovers in the "Chicke Noodle Casserole" from Quick Cooking submitted by Kay Pederson of Yellville, Arkansas. The flavor of the chicken really adds to the recipe. I will make this again!
This recipe is fantastic! I would double the sauce and include a little of the sauce over pasta (we had butternut squash stuffed ravioli with it) I cut the mustard down almost in half
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >