Herbed Chicken and Veggies Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Combine the broth, wine, bay leaf, salt, thyme and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- 2. Add broccoli; cook 45-60 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and the broccoli is tender. Discard bay leaf. Thicken pan juices if desired. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 755 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.