Herbed Chicken and Veggies
"This subtly seasoned chicken and vegetable combination is a snap to prepare on a hectic working day," suggests Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas. "A dessert is all that's needed to complete this satisfying supper."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 7-3/4 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with the tomatoes, onion
- and garlic. Combine the broth, wine, bay leaf, salt, thyme and
- pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Add broccoli; cook 45-60 minutes longer or until chicken juices run
- clear and the broccoli is tender. Discard bay leaf. Thicken pan
- juices if desired. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 755 mg sodium,