Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes
Rebecca Popke of Largo, Florida puts a tangy spin on chicken by adding just a few easy ingredients. “Recipes such as this are really a plus when you work a full-time job but still want to put a healthy, satisfying meal on the table,“ she explains.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope Lipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, tomatoes, soup mix and
- sugar. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is no
- longer pink. Serve with pasta; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.