Herbed Chicken and Shrimp
Tender chicken and shrimp make a flavorful combination that's easy to prepare, yet elegant enough to serve at a dinner party. While I clean the house, it practically cooks itself. I serve it over hot cooked rice with crusty bread and a green salad. Diana Knight
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/4 hours
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over the chicken pieces. In a large
- skillet, brown chicken on all sides in butter. Transfer to an
- ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, tomato sauce, wine, garlic and
- basil; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or
- until chicken is tender.
- Stir in the shrimp. Cover and cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 606 calories, 34 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 330 mg cholesterol, 1,275 mg sodium,