Herbed Chicken and Shrimp Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. Combine salt and pepper; rub over the chicken pieces. In a large skillet, brown chicken on all sides in butter. Transfer to an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the onion, tomato sauce, wine, garlic and basil; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 3. Stir in the shrimp. Cover and cook on high for 15-30 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 606 calories, 34 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 330 mg cholesterol, 1,275 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 61 g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Chicken and Shrimp
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.